Due to this year’s issues with the FAFSA, we are extending our scholarship submission deadline to April 15, 2024.
The SBM Charitable Foundation, Inc. (“SBMCF”) awards college scholarships of up to $5,000 each annually to students selected on the basis of financial need, school and community activities, and academic achievement.
- You must be a United States citizen and full-time resident of Hartford, Tolland, or Windham County.
- You must maintain a minimum 2.5 grade point average on a 4.0 scale, or be in the top 40% of your class in high school.
- You must include a full copy of your submitted 2024- 2025 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) or your valid 2024-2025 Federal Student Aid Report (SAR).
- Your name as applicant must only appear on page 2 of the application. All other pages should only include the last four digits of your social security number. To ensure a fair evaluation process, the members of the Scholarship Committee must NOT know the identity of the applicant during the section process. Any information on subsequent pages that would reveal the applicant’s name or full social security number may disqualify the application.
- You must be applying to, or attending, a two or four year accredited college or university in Connecticut. Full time enrollment is required.
Applications for scholarships are accepted from January through March for the following academic year (beginning in September). Awards are made in June.
All scholarship applications must be postmarked or hand-delivered by April 1, 2024.
Download the new 2024 Scholarship application here. (PDF Format – Adobe Acrobat® required)